Copyright© 2012 God Worldwide. email enquiries:godworldwide.com
Room for Question
Every one of us has questions covering all sorts of subjects, and not all of them have simple answers. Here we have taken some of the most common questions we have been asked and given answers in a manner that we hope is understandable.
As with any questions regarding God or personal belief, it can sometimes be difficult to give wholly meaningful answers or reasons for given situations, so if you read our answers and want to know some more, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts through our Contact Us page.
How do I know that my God is the same as your God?
God is a universal source of Power and Wisdom and all who share under that power are blessed with a love and purpose. We cannot prove that there is a God, but ask your heart and you will know that it is true and that there is a God.
There are many names for God and just as many ways to get to Him. Why? Because we are all individuals and each of us has different needs, and people created the differences for their own purposes. But God has no barriers, no preferences and no admission fee or other criteria. We build the barriers and fences and then convince others that the grass is greener on our side.
To try and explain about the ‘One God’ try and envisage a spoked wheel like a bicycle or cart. We are on the outer rim where the tyre is and we have our own needs and individuality. The many spokes that are radiating from the edge to the middle represent some of the hundreds of religions that exist.
Just notice one thing. They all lead to the same place. This is God. This is how we can best illustrate that no matter what you call Him, there is indeed only one God. Know this in your heart.
Can God really help me?
Yes. God is always there to bring you support. He cannot live your life for you - you have to make your own choices because you have free will, but when you allow the freedom to permit God’s great influence in your life you will make better decisions.
Allow yourself to follow your instinct - your ‘gut’ feelings - rather than pure logic for that will allow you room for imagination.
If you feel you were destined to walk a certain pathway in your life, then it doesn’t always follow that it will be an easy path. All pathways have their puddles and when it rains you may need your wellies.
Why does God allow bad to happen?
You cannot blame this on God. We allow bad to happen! God is there to bring us support so that we feel more capable of making good decisions and changes that will help others. But because we fail to commit ourselves to tasks and make responsibility as someone else’s problem (instead of accepting this for ourselves), we see ourselves as inadequate because we do nothing and we pass over on the real need for change. So because we did nothing, bad happens.
God gave us the freedom of choice to do as we will and He cannot take this from us, so WE have the freedom of choice to stop bad from happening, and we do this by accepting some responsibility and work for the good of everyone, not just ourselves. If we really helped others and worked together you would be shocked at how much better your own life would be. Try it!
Why do I always make bad decisions?
We all make mistakes, but maybe you haven’t made as many as you think. Don’t automatically expect to make bad decisions, otherwise your negative thinking will provide the basis for that to happen. Like attracts like and can magnify the effects, so choose to be positive and you will benefit.
Ask God to help you to overcome your negative expectations. Use some of the suggestions on the following question to help your mind frame to become stronger and start to look for the positive.
Bad things have happened so often in my life, I now expect it.
There is a way out of this, but by expecting bad things to happen all the time you are actually inviting them into your life. I have included a few tips for you to adopt that really will help you to change the patterns of a lifetime.
1. If you free your mind to think positively you will actively encourage good to happen. You will still see bad happening, but now you will start to see good intermingles amongst it. The more you can practice thinking positively the more you will see the difference. Ask God to help you to do this.
2. Know that whilst you are looking for problems you will definitely find them! You are mentally creating mountains from even the smallest molehill.
3. Ask God to help you to deal with life in a better way.
4. Use the following affirmation to help you. It’s like a prescription from a doctor which you have to take regularly: say it at least 2 or 3 times a day. “I am capable. I am worthwhile and I really am able to deal with all issues that concern me.” Saying this will help your brain to reformat its thinking.
5. Start a daily journal of nice things that you have seen or have happened to you or around you. You heard the birds singing (you can hear them even in a city if you actually listen), someone helped you unexpectedly, someone smiled at you, you saw a rainbow that brightened an otherwise dull day.
6. Don’t give up! Results and changes will not be immediate but keep at it. Good will happen if you continue to invite it in!
Finally, if you still need help, please use the Contact Us page to ask.
|Development Action List|